Can it still be used if the paint is skinning?
In general, the overall skinning of waterborne paints is much lower than that of oil-based paints. The high-grade waterborne paint is environmentally friendly, tasteless, and fast-drying, it can effectively shorten the construction period on the premise while ensuring the coating effect. Waterborne paints of different grades also present different drying capabilities, in most cases, if it is not sealed and stored, in a natural ventilation environment, the waterborne paint on the inner surface of the container will condense into a paint skin in a short time. At this time, if the waterborne paint below the skin is still in a liquid state, pick out the paint skin on and discard it. Add pure water to the remaining paint solution, stir evenly, and observe the state of the waterborne paint. If the clear water can be quickly fused with the waterborne paint, and the paint solution is still in a uniform state, the skinned paint can be used continuously in this case. If the waterborne paint itself exceeds the shelf life, and the remaining waterborne paint cannot be stirred by adding water after picking out the paint skin, it means that the remaining waterborne paint has been completely dried, and such waterborne paint cannot be used anymore. Therefore, please be sure to calculate the coating area before construction, and take the proper amount as needed.
How to store waterborne paint produced by Jinlong Equipment:
Waterborne paint is an environmentally friendly and healthy water-soluble paint, so it has higher requirements on the temperature and humidity of the external construction environment.
1. Waterborne paint will freeze or solidify when it is below 0 degrees Celsius. Although solidification is a physical change and will cause no deterioration to the waterborne paint, the long-term solidification state may affect the subsequent use, so the storage temperature and transportation temperature in winter cannot be lower than 0 degrees, it cannot be stored outdoors;
2. Direct sunlight exposure or high-temperature environment exposure in summer should be avoided. The temperature is generally kept below 35 °C, and it should be stored in a cool and ventilated place to prolong the storage period; generally, it should not be stored for more than 1 year. It is best to use it within 6 months.
3. If it is held in a plastic drum, the packaging will be cold and brittle at low temperature; prevent rain, snow, and moisture from damaging the packaging during transportation and storage;
4. The paint has a shelf life of one year in normal circumstances. It is normal for slight floating or precipitation after storage for more than one year. It can be stirred evenly and can be used normally after stirring.
5. After the shelf life, the storage stability of the coating changes greatly, and it is easy to cause serious floating and precipitation after long-term storage. Long-term storage of paint in a high-temperature place will reduce the storage period of the paint, and it is easy to float and agglomerate.
6. Waterborne paint products should be kept away from fire sources or environments with large temperature differences to avoid product damage caused by alternating cold and heat;
7. Keep the product away from children to avoid bruising or smashing.
Post time: Apr-15-2022